By Ms Rajul Doshi
- Confirm date, time, location, contact person, interview process and list of documents required for the interview with your recruitment consultant.
- Plan to reach the interview venue at least 30 minutes before the scheduled interview.
- Go through your resume in detail and check for any mistakes and see if it needs to be updated. You should be able to answer questions on every point in the resume.
- Wear formal attire. Ensure that your appearance is professional. If required go for a haircut / shave before the interview. Avoid smoking just before the interview.
- If you are asked to bring certificates, mark sheets etc , get them Xerox before the day of interview.
- Go through a few commonly asked interview questions (both technical and HR) and prepare for them in advance. The recruitment consultant would be a good source for common questions.
- Understand the companyâ€™s job requirements and match it to your skill set. Be prepared to answer the question â€œWhy should we hire you?â€ You can ask the recruitment consultant detailed questions on the job description and the skills required.
- Go through the companyâ€™s website. If possible ask your friends working in that company about work culture and other company specific details. You may also understand the company culture in detail from the recruitment consultant.
- Make a list of questions to ask the interviewer about the company/offer.
- Carry all your documents in a file / folder instead of a plastic bag.
- Get a good night’s sleep before your interview so that you’ll be as ready for interview as possible.
- Carry multiple copies of your resume (at least 4).
- Put at least 2 references along with their contact details and designation in your resume. Get permission before using anyone as a reference. Make sure that they will give you a good reference. Use work colleagues as references as far as possible.
- Carry your Interview Call letter. Also make sure to mention the recruitment consultant as the source.
- On arrival inform the receptionist that you have been called for an interviewÂ·
- If you have to reschedule the interview inform the company contact person well in advance.
Ms. Rajul Doshi
Ms. Rajul Doshi is Founder & Managing Director of Sampoorna Computer People and has been in the recruitment business for long period of 24+ years. She is a Law graduate and has a personal interest in Fine arts / Performing Arts